Cannabis Rules and Regs

How Much Tax is Placed on Cannabis?

37% excise to the state (your community only receives 2% off this tax the rest is funneled into the General Fund.   Plus 10% sales tax to a total of 47% tax on all Cannabis sold! This is why your weed is so expensive!! Write to your congressman and let’s change this together and save lives! Even allowing shops to just deduct simple taxes from the excise tax makes it cheaper for you as a consumer!

Who can legally purchase Cannabis at The Link Cannabis Company?

Any adult over the age of 21 can purchase and possess marijuana in the State of Washington. Any person with a qualifying Medical Marijuana Card can also purchase Cannabis.  Bring a valid ID as we WILL card you even if you’re old AF!

What forms of ID are acceptable?

As long as you have a valid form of ID you will be allowed to purchase. Driver’s Licenses, Military ID, Tribal Enrollment Cards, Passports will all be accepted. Out of state and country IDs are acceptable, too. If your Id is expired if you have the paper saying it’s in the mail with your original id you are good to go!

How much Cannabis can I possess?

If you’re over 21 years old Cannabis is legal to buy, however, there are some limits:

  • One ounce of usable Cannabis – flower or bud.
  • 16 ounces of Cannabis infused edibles in solid form; or72 ounces of Cannabis infused product in liquid form
  • 7 grams of Cannabis concentrate.

Can I drive with Cannabis in my car?

Loose joints, open bags of bud or partially consumed packages of marijuana-infused edibles will need to be kept in a vehicle’s trunk or behind its rearmost row of seats to avoid violating the law.

Can I take Cannabis over the U.S.-Canada border or to a neighboring State?

Cannabis use is still illegal under federal law. And it’s illegal to transport it into Canada or cross any Washington State border with marijuana in your possession.

Where can I consume marijuana?

Any person over 21 years of age can enjoy marijuana on private property. WA State Initiative 502 states that it is unlawful to open/consume a package of cannabis or cannabis infused product in view of the general public. Consumption of Cannabis on federal lands or properties is a federal crime. It is illegal to drive under the influence of Cannabis if you have more than 5 nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood. Doing so may result in a DUI. Please enjoy responsibly! Side Note if you want ro see a change! Write to your congressman and state and let them know you want to consume in a Lounge type of setting and help us change the future for Washingtonian cannabis smokers!

Can I return Cannabis products?

We want to hear about your experience so please let us know what the issue is and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re satisfied with our customer service. If you purchase a product and it fails within 7 days, you may return it with the original receipt and all packaging.

Can I resell the Cannabis I buy?

No Resale – It remains a felony for anyone who is not a licensed retailer to sell marijuana to anyone else. Selling Cannabis to a minor under the age of 18 can result in up to 10 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine. Please be responsible!