Cannabis rosin (also known as marijuana rosin) uses a method of extraction that releases resin from several different forms of cannabis: dried flower, fresh plants, dry sift kief, and hash. Rosin made from hash, or hash rosin, is considered by many to be one of the purest forms of cannabis concentrate.
Cannabis rosin is made by combining high heat and immense pressure. Terpene and cannabinoid-rich oil (resin) is forced out of cannabis plant material called trichomes using a rosin press. When done correctly, rosin is highly potent and very rich in terpenes and cannabinoids.
How to use Rosin
Hash Rosin vs BHO, PHO, HHO
While Butane Hash Oil (BHO) is made by blasting cannabis with butane, propane, or hexane to release the trichomes, Rosin is extracted simply by applying heat and pressure to cannabis until the high-THC substance emerges.
BHO requires a much more complex process involving using chemical solvents and a closed-loop system that can be dangerous for your body. Rosin, it’s more natural and doesn’t contain any chemical solvents. Think in terms of food, you wouldn’t eat junk food daily, so why smoke it?
- Rosin contains zero residual solvents
- Rosin is safer to produce. Extreme precautions must be taken when producing butane (BHO), propane (PHO), or Hexane (HHO) extractions. These are highly flammable and susceptible to explosion.
- Rosin is fast acting / Full spectrum
- Rosin offers higher potency / Longer lasting high
- Rosin is extremely delicate. Rosin cannot be in heat or exposed to air for too long.
If you have more questions about Hash Rosin and its benefits, visit us at our Longview Dispensary or at our Port Angeles Dispensary and ask your budtender.